Sunday, March 25, 2012

I read the comments on a person's writing work about a month ago. I accept constructive criticism and do appreciate any feedback though when a person is being overly critical I may not see what that person is really trying to convey. A person was being very critical almost on the side of being very mean towards the person and work that I read. Another person posted a comment I thought was a great piece of advice. The advice works in real life as well as leaving comments for people because their is a fine line between helping and hurting, between regretting what you have said and what you didn't say. There are 3 questions that I am know asking myself:

1.) Is it truthful?
2.) Is it helpful?
3.) Is it kind?

I also try to differentiate between it being the truth and truthful, or full of truth, not just my truth as well as helpful, or full of help. I understand some truths and some help hurt though they are meant out of kindness. These are just my thoughts for the day.

No comments: