Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hello,

Work was very productive today. I was able to get so much done. It was great having a second pair of hands working at the circulation desk. Anna is a dream!!!

I have completed my readings for next weeks assignment. I'm a big fan Nicholas Baker. I'm a tactile person. I love the feel of holding a newspapers and books. How can we destroy something that could be preserved. I'm not really convinced technology can do better than paper in its original format can do in preserving our history. Too see the colors and the shapes and sizes of different font. Any other way of preserving that history get distorted. Why are we willing destroying what others have tried to preserve for centuries. Why are we so confident in preserving on microfilm or optical disks? Why is it so easy to give up trying to save our paper?

No comments: