Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Today we got new computers. We usually open at 2:00pm but today we were a little late. I mention this because the topic of discussion and our readings are about in my opinion commodities. What is it we have that they want? That seems to be the million dollar question for today. What do consumers want and how can we effectively give it to them efficiently. Kuhn's analyses on "Paradigms" made me think. What are the patterns or trends of our patrons. What would make them come to our library? Is it new computers? If so why? How can we use it to our advantage? Are our patrons willing to wait or come back for those advantages? These are questions that I think all libraries need to think about.

I also have to ask what other commodities can we pedal? What can we do to stimulate interest? Who should we target? Why should we target a specific target? Is that the library's goal? Are we forcing a square peg into a round hole?

So, now that I have asked the questions I will seek the answer!

No comments: